Reuse of public sector information is the use by natural persons, legal persons and organisational entities without legal personality (...) of public sector information, for commercial or non-commercial purposes other than the initial public purpose for which the information was created. Public sector information is any content or part thereof, irrespective of the means of fixation, in particular in paper, electronic, audio, visual or audiovisual form, which is held by a body obliged to make available or transmit public sector information.
The right to reuse is subject to restriction in the scope and under the conditions specified in the provisions on the protection of classified information and other statutorily protected secrets. The right to reuse shall be subject to limitation with respect to information that is public sector information to which access is restricted under other laws.
Everyone has the right to reuse public sector information:
- made available in the ICT system, and in particular on the website of the Public Information Bulletin of the obliged entity or in the central repository of public information;
- transmitted in response to a request for reuse.
A request for reuse shall be made in cases where public sector information:
1. has not been made available in the Public Information Bulletin or in the central repository;
2. has been made available in a manner other than that specified in section 1 and the conditions for reuse or
the charges for reuse have not been specified or the lack of such conditions or charges has not been
3. will be used under conditions different from those specified for this information;
4. has been made available or transferred pursuant to other laws that define the rules and procedures for
accessing information that is public sector information.
The minister responsible for IT matters shall be the appeal body against decisions on refusal to grant permission to reuse public sector information and against decisions on conditions for reuse or on the level of fees for reuse. To the extent not regulated by the Act of August 11, 2021 on open data and reuse of public sector information (Journal of Laws of 2021, item 1641), to the decision on refusal to grant permission to reuse public sector information and to the decision on conditions for reuse or on the amount of fees for reuse, the provisions of the Act of 14 June 1960 shall apply – Code of Administrative Procedure (Journal of Laws of 2021, item 735 and 1491)
The application may be submitted in paper or electronic form.
The application can be sent:
- by e-mail to the address l;
- by post to the following address:
Department of Education and Communication
Aleja Niepodległości 208
The application should include the following information:
- the name of the obliged entity;
- information about the applicant, including the name and address making it possible to deliver the reply to the applicant or the applicant's representative in the manner or form indicated in the application;
- an indication of the public sector information that will be reused and, if already made available or provided, the conditions under which it is to be reused and the source of the making available or provision;
- an indication of the purpose of reuse (commercial or non-commercial), including identification of the activities for which the public sector information will be reused, in particular the goods, products or services;
- indication of the form of preparation of the public sector information and, in case of electronic form, an indication of the data format;
- an indication of how the public sector information was provided.
The application shall be processed without undue delay, and no later than 14 days following the receipt of the application. If it is not possible to process the application within this timeframe, the Applicant will be notified of the reasons for the delay in providing the information and a new deadline, but no longer than 2 months from the date of application.
The entity reusing public information from Statistics Poland is obliged to:
- inform about the source, time of production and acquisition of information from Statistics Poland;
- inform about the processing of the reused information.
Statistics Poland is not responsible for the results of processing of reused information.
Public sector information shall be made available or provided for reuse free of charge. A reuse charge may be imposed if the preparation or transmission of the information in the manner or form indicated in the request for reuse incurs additional costs.