INFORMATION ON THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
In connection with the implementation of the requirements of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) ("GDPR"), Statistics Poland hereby informs about the rules and about your rights related to the processing of personal data by Statistics Poland.
The following rules shall apply from 25 May 2018.
I. Identification of the administrator
The administrator of your personal data is the President of Statistics Poland who has his registered office in Warsaw (00-925 Warsaw) at Aleja Niepodległości 208 – hereinafter referred to as "the Administrator".
II. Purposes and legal basis of the processing of your personal data:
Statistics Poland processes your personal data on the basis of your previously granted consent in the scope and purpose of obtaining statistical data on the basis of your request.
III. Source of collection of personal data
Your personal data has been collected directly from you and will not be used for any other purpose than to comply with a request for statistical data.
IV. Obligation to communicate personal data
To the extent that your personal data is collected directly from you, the provision of personal data by you is voluntary.
Failure to provide the data indicated in the form will make it impossible to provide the requested statistical data.
V. Information on the recipients of your personal data
In connection with the processing of your personal data for the purposes set out in item II, your personal data will not be shared with any recipients.
VI. Periods of processing of personal data
Your personal data will be processed no longer than for the period necessary for the execution of the submitted application, and then will be pseudonymised by shortening – i.e. shortening selected values so that it becomes impossible to read their actual meaning or until the withdrawal of your consent to their processing.
VII. Profiling and automated decision making
The data you provide will not be profiled and will not be the basis for an automated decision determining your right to share the data.
VIII. Rights of the data subject
Statistics Poland wishes to assure you that all persons whose personal data are processed are entitled to appropriate rights resulting from the provisions of the GDPR. You therefore have the following rights:
1. the right of access to personal data, including the right to obtain a copy of such data;
2. the right to request the rectification of personal data where the data are inaccurate or incomplete;
3. the right to request the deletion of personal data (the so-called "right to be forgotten") in cases where:
- the data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected,
- the data subject has objected to the processing of personal data,
- the data subject has withdrawn the consent on which the processing is based and there is no other legal basis for the processing,
- the data are processed unlawfully,
- the data must be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation;
4. the right to request that the processing of personal data be restricted where:
- the data subject disputes the accuracy of the personal data,
- the processing is unlawful and the data subject opposes the deletion of the data, demanding instead that the data be limited,
- the Administrator no longer needs the data for its purposes, but the data subject needs them for establishing, defending or pursuing a claim,
- the data subject has objected to the processing of the data – until it has been established whether there are overriding grounds for objection on the part of the Administrator which are justified by law;
5. the right to transfer personal data where:
- processing is carried out on the basis of consent given by the person concerned,
- processing is carried out by automated means;
6. the right to object to the processing of personal data, including profiling, where:
- there are reasons relating to your particular situation,
- processing of the data is necessary for the purposes resulting from the legitimate interest of the administrator referred to in item II above.
IX. Right to withdraw consent to the processing of personal data
To the extent that you have given your consent to the processing of personal data, you have the right to revoke your consent to the processing of personal data. Withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing carried out on the basis of the consent prior to the withdrawal.
X. Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
In case you consider that the processing of personal data by the Administrator violates the provisions of the GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, i.e. the President of the Personal Data Protection Office.
XI. Transfer of personal data to entities outside the European Economic Area ('EEA') or to international organisations
The Administrator does not transfer your personal data to entities based outside the EEA or to international organisations.
If you have any questions about the manner and scope of processing of your personal data by Statistics Poland, as well as about your rights, please contact the Data Protection Officer: .