The REGON register is open and available for general access.
Search engine is available on http://www.stat.gov.pl/regon/ by means of which one can search for national economy entities entered in the REGON register, by entering the entity’s REGON identification number or the Tax Identification Number (NIP) and read information on this entity, entered in the register.
Access to Regon Register data is possible through network services - API interfaces
Extracts from the registered are provided free of charge:
- to agencies running other official registers and information systems of public administration
- to bodies of government administration and to other governmental institutions, local government authorities, Supreme Audit Office, National Bank of Poland, President of the Personal Data Protection Office, as well as their equivalent bodies from EU Member States, EFTA Member States - parties to the agreement on the European Economic Area, states that entered into an agreement on the free provision of services with the European Union and its Member States, and the European Commission - for the purpose of fulfilling their statutory tasks, at a written request, as permanent and repeated orders (containing individual arrangements regarding date, frequency, scope of provided information, form of provided data) or one-time orders,
- National Labour Inspectorate, State Sanitary Inspectorate
- in agreed scope, time and forms.
Individual requests for extracts from the REGON register are fulfilled for a fee and may regard the following information:
- REGON identification number;
- Name of entity;
- Address of the entity’s seat;
- Phone and fax numbers of the entity’s office, e-mail address, website – if these data have been submitted by the entity*;
- Tax Identification Number (NIP);
- Legal form;
- Form of ownership;
- The activity performed, including the principal kind of activity;
- the date of foundation, starting, suspending and resuming the activity, the entry in the register or records, the bankruptcy statement, the completion of bankruptcy proceedings, the termination of activity or permanent termination of activity in the case of natural persons entered in the Central Register and Information on Business Activity, removal from the register, and the entry or removal from the business register of entities,
- name of the registering or recording agency, name of register (record) and the ID number issued by this agency;
- local units of an entity.
* third parties are not granted access to information on phone and fax numbers of a legal person running economic activity, which is subject to entry in the Central Registration and Information on Business (CEIDG) and information on phone and fax numbers, the e-mail address and the website of the entity entered in the National Court Register where the submission of supplementary data contains lack of consent for disclose contact details.
In the case of free of charge requests from the REGON register, additional information can be shared, i.e. on the personal identification number (PESEL) of a natural person running economic activity and the address of residence of a natural person.
Information from the REGON register can be shared by statistical offices (of voivodship range) or by the Statistical Computing Centre after sending a written order to the address of:
- the statistical office in a given voivodship,
- Statistical Computing Centre
al. Niepodległości 208
tel. (48 22) 608-31-44, fax. (48 22) 608-38-66