The Council consists of:
- President of Statistics Poland,
- Civil Service Director,
- department directors and deputy directors,
- directors of statistical offices,
- directors of units subordinated to the President of Statistics Poland.
The minutes are taken from each Council’s and Council Presidium’s meeting, which includes all the decisions and arrangements made by the President of Statistics Poland.
- ordinances, internal ordinances and rules approved by the President of Statistics Poland,
- the Council’s and Council Presidium’s minutes,
- written or verbal decisions, orders and guidelines of the President of Statistics Poland on certain issues, including remarks on correspondence received by Statistics Poland,
- arrangements made during the meetings conveyed to the parties concerned in writing by the director of the Office of the President,
- vice-presidents’ written orders and guidelines addressed to supervised department and units subordinated to the President of Statistics Poland,
- Civil Service Director’s directives, which constitute acts of internal management, and orders addressed to the department.
Department director organises the flow of information, referred above, on his own, and ensures that the employees get acquainted with its content and he is responsible for prompt and qualitatively due execution of directives, principles, decisions, orders and guidelines.
Draft normative legal acts issued by the President of Statistics Poland are prepared by the Office of the President on the basis of divisional theses and after obtaining the Civil Service Director’s approval are submitted to the President of Statistics Poland for signature.
The stance of Statistics Poland on draft normative acts and governmental materials is prepared and submitted for signature to the President of Statistics Poland by the Office of the President on the basis of comments and opinions gathered from departments and after giving own opinions on the compliance with generally binding regulations, after obtaining initials from the vice-president supervising the particular field of statistics.
Departments, to which a draft normative legal act was directed for arrangements in the working mode, or a proposal of interpretation of regulations regarding statistics was conveyed, consult their stance on the project with the Office of the President before forwarding those outwards.
If the draft acts, referred above, provide for Statistics Poland's duties, the director agrees the department's stance with the supervising vice-president, before it is conveyed to the Office of the President.
The deadlines to submit comments, opinions and proposals as to the draft normative acts and governmental documents, defined by the Office of the President, are binding for the departments.
Normative legal acts sent to the Statistics Poland are gathered and made available to the parties concerned by the Office of the President.
The duties imposed on the Statistics Poland by normative acts of higher order are presented to the President of Statistics Poland by the director of Office of the President via the Civil Service Director, and after having obtained the decision of the President of Statistics Poland on the manner of execution of the duties, they are submitted to appropriate divisions for execution.
The deadlines to carry out tasks, determined in the mode specified above, are binding for the departments.
The departments carry out tasks being assigned on a current basis within the periods determined by the President of Statistics Poland, supervising vice-president and Civil Service Director, and they prepare projects or give answers to queries directed to the Statistics Poland from the outside without any unjustified delay, and if a certain date does not result from documents or regulations, not later than within 14 days.
Department directors are responsible for the organisation and control of execution of the tasks, referred above.